Thursday, August 28, 2008

About Inf0rmati0n Literacy

Introduction to Information Literacy is one of the core course subjects that have been taken by ICT students in this Centre for Foundation Studies International Islamic University Malaysia. So, by hook or by crook, I have to learn this subject eventhough majority of my seniors said that this subject is a boring subject… As for me, I don’t take seriously what they have said, that’s why I am very excited to enter this class for the first time. Then, I realized Information Literacy is a quite boring subject…. There are a lot of things that I have to read and memorize. But, I have promised to myself to score in this subject. It is because I believed that this subject may help my career one day…
Through this subject, I knew the basic concept of Information Literacy as well as the organization of information. Besides, this subject has enhanced my understanding regarding the importance of information in our life especially in the modern lifestyles. I also have learnt that Information System and Information Technologies are integral to my lives. For example, I able to do research, register for classes and access lectures through online. Moreover, I have learnt how IT helps companies to improve their competitive positions and what actually Porters Competitive forces are. Now, I could differentiate between Transaction Processing System, Functional Area Information System, Enterprise Resources Planning System and other systems without confused anymore. In addition, I able to find and locate information using different types of information sources available in a library. It is a fabulous advantage from studying this subject.
By then, I really hope that Information Literacy will be brightening my life as well as my career soon. Thanks a lot to my lovely and kindly lecturer, Madam Ayu Rafikah who teach me this subject and also my understanding colleagues who help me a lot to learn together in this subject…. Thank You!!!!

No comments: